Home > adCenter API, MSN, SEM > Thousands of Accounts in adCenter Sandbox account

Thousands of Accounts in adCenter Sandbox account

November 23rd, 2010
Today was the first time in a long time I accessed our sandbox environment in the MSN adCenter API version 7. To my suprise, when I called the getAccountsInfo method of the Customer Management service, I downloaded over 4,600 accounts. I am 99% certain that I never created these accounts, so I am curious as to where these accounts got created. (If my memory serves me correctly, as it often does not, I believe I noticed a similiar issue to this a couple years ago in a previous version of the adCenter API version 5.)
Here is a sample of the raw SOAP request that I sent using the getAccountsInfo request of the Customer Management service (using PHP and the built-in SOAP extension):
<xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/” xmlns:ns1=”https://adcenter.microsoft.com/api/customermanagement”>
<SOAP-ENV:Header>
<ns1:ApplicationToken></ns1:ApplicationToken>
<ns1:DeveloperToken>XXXXXXXX</ns1:DeveloperToken>
<ns1:Username>XXXXXXXXXX</ns1: Username >
<ns1:Password>XXXXXXXXXX</ns1:Password>
<ns1:CustomerAccountId>XXXXXX</ns1:CustomerAccountId>
</SOAP-ENV:Header>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:GetAccountsInfoRequest/>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
I also tried sending a similar SOAP request to the above on but passing in either a null value or an empty string for the CustomerAccountId parameter; still I was able to download these 4,600 accounts.
Ultimately, I needed to contact the MSN adCenter support team to have them clear out our sandbox and start it over fresh.
Comments are closed.